The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation is giving the prestigious International Climate Protection Fellowship which will enable young climate experts from developing countries to conduct a research-based project in the field of climate conservation during a one-year stay in Germany from January 2016 to January 2017.
A maximum of 20 fellowships are granted annually. Experts who are active in the fields of scientific, engineering, legal, economic, health-related or social aspects of climate change are welcome to apply for this fellowship. An intensive German-language course is given to the candidates for their ease of life in Germany as well as complete support by the foundation.
- Allowance for single parents accompanied by children (400 EUR for first child)
- Travel Expenses
- Additional extension of the fellowship by up to three months
- Extensive alumni sponsorship
- University degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent) with excellent academic results
- Initial Practice Experience
- Professional experience in a leadership role in the field of climate protection
- Proficient in use of English and/or German
- Leadership Potential
- A detailed statement by a host in Germany, including a mentoring agreement
- Citizenship of a developing country
- Two expert references by individuals
Applications must be completed online on The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation website. The completed application form including all the necessary additional documentation must be submitted by the closing date. Immediately after submitting the documents, the applicant will receive a confirmation.
For more information, please visit: International Climate Protection Fellowships.