The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Scholarship Programme is accepting applications for the second round of awards to be made for the period 2013-14.
The aim of the IPCC Scholarship Programme is to build capacity in the understanding and management of climate change in developing countries through providing opportunities for young scientists from developing countries to undertake studies that would not be possible without the intervention of the Fund.
Applications from students from Least Developed Countries (LDCs) and Small Island Developing States (SIDS) researching topics with the fields of study chosen for the call for applications are given priority.
Proposals should focus on one of the following fields of study:
- Socio-economic modeling related to climate change
- Underlying science of climate change
- Climate change and water
The Call for Applications is open to candidates fulfilling the following requirements:
- Post-Graduate students at PhD level, accepted at a recognized educational institution to start studies in 2013, or currently enrolled on continuing PhD courses
- Applicants must be younger than 30 years of age at the time of application
- Applicants must be nationals of developing countries
Applications are to be submitted online. The deadline to submit applications is 30 September 2012. For more information, visit this link.